- Active Directory Transitions
Active Directory Transitions Case Study
Business Situation and Challenges
As a transportation company, SMART required a reliable, responsive and updated infrastructure to provide optimal services to public commuters. Their internal collaboration and infrastructure required constant monitoring and upkeeping so that their employees could focus on their main business – ‘Transportation’.
Netwoven has been a long-standing partner to SMART for almost a decade and stood all along their transitions from their Native On-premise Infrastructure to Hybrid Public Cloud Infrastructure. We have been successful in making key implementations and help achieve higher ROI for their Infrastructure costs in the following areas.
- Daily monitoring and weekly reporting
- Reducing downtime
- Issue assessment and resolution of SharePoint and multiple Active Directory servers
- On-demand or proactive upgrade of SharePoint platform
- Monthly patching of SharePoint farm Servers and multiple Active Directory servers patching
- Implementation of on-demand or proactive new technologies with features consultation and deployments
- DHCP and Primary Domain Controller (PDC) migration with scope, reservations, and leases
- PDC having operating system Windows 2012
- Presence of Multiple location wise Domain Controllers with Windows 2012 R2
- Issues with Directory sync in certain locations
- The risk for Time Sync issue with NTP
- Prepare and configure Windows Server 2016 and make it PDC
- Export DHCP from Old PDC to New Windows 2016 PDC with scope, reservations, and leases
- Domain and Forest Roles Migration from Old PDC to New Windows 2016 DC
- Demote Old PDC and Demote another DC as planned
- Upgrading functional level of new Windows 2016 DC
- Robust, up to date Active Directory infrastructure
- Upgraded Physical infrastructure for better business continuity.
- Getting rid of persistent issues with higher reliability and uptime.
- Enhanced Directory features now available to SMART IT