Learn how Netwoven helped a global Digital Media solutions company save significant costs in database backup
- Jive to Microsoft 365 Migration
- Microsoft 365
Jive to Microsoft 365 Migration Case Study
The customer wanted to migrate their Marketo Jive Intranet to the customer’s Microsoft 365 tenant and needed a service provider who had the expertise and experience to plan and execute the migration successfully with the scheduled time span. Some of the challenges the customer was facing were-
- Jive license was expiring within the migration timeline
- The customer was looking to migrate the entire Jive content into SharePoint Online in a fixed timeline including Idea
- The customer wanted the communication lines with the users open prior to migration and during the multiple phases of the migration.
- Only one Jive Database backup was available for migration, successive database backups required huge costs
The migration process was divided into 2 phases- In Phase 1, all Jive content was downloaded in a repository, and in Phase 2, the content was migrated to the target location.
- Jive database backup was downloaded only once, and subsequently, all the delta content was downloaded through Rest API and deposited into the database.
- A detailed communication plan and Power App were created to ensure user awareness in each step of the migration.
- Idea migration was done in SharePoint online and the custom app supported the Idea functionality
- All Marketo content was successfully added to the customer’s environment.
- Marketo users mapped with their new official email, kept the content authorship as it was
- A streamlined communication plan with the interactive App helped the user during the transition
- There was no more additional cost to be paid for Jive database backup
- The content was migrated without any loss and UAT was implemented after the expiration of Jive