Principal Engineer – Unified Communications
Direct Routing, Teams Voice Integration, MS Teams, M365
Job Type: Full Time
Remote Work Available
- Install, configure, and troubleshoot the Microsoft Teams cloud Enterprise Voice solution with Direct Routing.
- Plan, design, deploy, and troubleshoot Ribbon/AudioCodes, Call Queues, Dial Plans, Voice Policies, Calling Policies, Auto-Attendants, SIP/E1/T1 trunks, and IP phones provisioning.
- Work in a fast-paced environment, demonstrating autonomy in conforming to strategic intent while adhering to team values.
- Utilize your expertise in unified communication and collaboration to provide end user service management.
Design complex Enterprise Voice solutions integrating Microsoft Teams Voice.
- Stay updated with unified communications/collaboration industry standards and trends.
- Possess strong knowledge of various PBX systems including Avaya, Cisco, Session Border Controllers, and Media Gateways.
- Deep understanding of MS Teams core services, features, and feature management.
- Utilize robust domain knowledge in unified communications, specifically MS Skype for Business and MS Teams, including MS Cloud Phone System, Cloud Call Center, Compliance recording, third-party application add-ins, bots, and connectors.
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues related to VoIP protocols such as SIP, H323, MGCP, RTP, ISDN, and codecs.
Key Skills Requirements:
- A minimum of 12 years of relevant IT experience, including end user service management and Unified Communication & Collaboration, with a focus on Teams Telephony.
- At least 8 years of experience as a UC engineering subject matter expert (SME) within an IT service provider or internal IT organization.
- Proven experience in Microsoft Teams Voice integration and design of complex Enterprise Voice Solutions.
- Strong background in engineering and architectural design of Unified Communications, with a focus on Microsoft Teams and Teams PSTN configurations.
- Familiarity with unified communications/collaboration industry standards and trends.
- Knowledge of various PBX systems including Avaya, Cisco, Session Border Controllers, and Media Gateways.
In-depth understanding of Microsoft Teams, Microsoft Teams Direct Routing, Lync 2010/2013, and Skype for Business.
- Experience with SIP Trunking and familiarity with Sonus/Ribbon SBC, AudioCodes SBC, Acme Packet SBC, ISA/TMG, TLS/MTLS, and Polycom Video Conferencing Solutions.
- Must have experience in complex Skype for Business to Teams Voice migration.
- 12+ work experience in IT industry
- 5+ years of relevant experience
Bachelor's in computer application / computer science, B. Tech. (IT), MCA, MTech in Computer Science
Excited about this opportunity?